The requirements for issuing birth certificates are divided into several categories according to the age of the applicant and how the child is registered . Click on the selection you want.
Dear compatriots , note that it is necessary to issue a child’s birth certificate and a parent’s presence if their marriage is not officially registered.
Choosing a child name
- According to Article 20 of the State Registration Law, the name of the applicant is the parent (s). However, some names have been declared unauthorized under this law due to incompatibility with the sex of the baby or having an unacceptable meaning. Therefore, the Registry has provided a list of permitted and illegal names.
- Please check the name registration website ( http://www.sabteahval.ir/default.aspx?tabid=65 ) before or after selecting a name (especially unusual names) or from the embassy section Ask.
- If the name chosen by the parents is not included in the list of authorized names, parents can send a letter with reasons why their preferred name is permissible, including its existence in Persian literature and Islamic culture or its prevalence in a specific region of Iran. Submit a copy of the parent’s birth certificate and child birth certificate. The embassy submits the matter to the Registry and, if agreed, an ID with the same name is issued. In order to hasten this process, parents can request a name directly through relatives or through the installation of a lawyer within the country.
- If the name chosen is unauthorized for the child and the foreign birth certificate is issued for him / her, parents can choose an authorized name and write the phrase “I agree to change my child’s name from ….. to …..” Apply for birth certificate on the back of the birth certificate and sign it.
- Religious minorities can choose their name according to their culture and religion.
- The surname of the child is the surname of the father.
- If there is a “Seyed” prefix in the father’s birth certificate, the birth certificate for the male child will include the “Seyed” prefix and for the female child the “Syed” or the suffix “Sadat”.
- If the surname of the parent or child, or the name and surname of the parent in the birth certificate contradicts the original Iranian birth certificate, the parents are required to attend an English lawyer to obtain a DEED POLL certificate to correct their name or surname. Take action. (Sample DEED POLL : parents , child )