• Step 1

    Browse consular services & find out the requirements for your application

  • Step 2

    Proceed with the application online, by post, or in person


Question 1 - I am applying for my first name change. Is this change possible?

Answer 1 – If your name is obscene, inappropriate, foreign and inappropriate in Farsi and the duplicate name of your other child is your father. See [Renaming] for more information.

Question 2 - What should I do if I do not have a photograph of my Iranian birth certificate?

Answer 2- It is possible to arrange an appeal by attending the embassy.

Question 3 - Is it possible to photograph an ID whose contents are defective and not described on the last page?

Answer 3 – No.

Question 4 - I do not have full details of my spouse and children. After changing my birth certificate, what should I do in these cases?

Answer 4 – Complete the application form [ 215 ] and send it to the embassy, together with the original of your marriage and birth certificate, your spouse and previous birth certificate and other supporting documents.

Question 5 - How can I apply for a birth certificate for a child if a child is born in a hospital (such as in the border areas of the country) except for a child, such as in a hospital, for example?

Answer 5 – The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran shall issue birth certificates only to those born abroad:

For children born in England – Refer to the section on issuing birth certificates on the site. Children born in countries other than Iran and the UK Parents of such persons must submit a valid birth certificate from the country of birth that has been approved by the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in that country, along with other documents. Refer to the site for more information on issuing birth certificates.

For children born in Iran, birth certificates can only be issued domestically.

Question 6 - Does the embassy issue age restrictions for births abroad? What if there is a limit to how it works?

Answer 6 – If a child born abroad is less than 15 years old, you can apply for birth certificate. If the child is born overseas between 15 and 18 years of age. Parents should have two sheets of fingerprints for boys (white cards) and for girls (Blue card) Received and referred to the residence police office for fingerprinting on the cards by the police and then sent to the embassy along with other documents listed in the issuance section.

Question 7 - Can my children be Iranian but their father is foreigner? What if there is no facility for them to move to Iran?

Answer 7 – For children born to a foreign father abroad, no Iranian birth certificate shall be issued and they must obtain an Islamic Republic of Iran visa in order to travel to Iran.

Question 8 - Is it possible to photograph my birth certificate by post? In what form?

Answer 8 – No. Referral is required to insert your fingerprint in the birth certificate.

Question 9 - A person whose English name contradicts his original name Will it be difficult for her children to obtain birth certificates? What to do if there is a problem? Both names belong to one person.

Answer 9 – If the name or surname of the British passport contradicts the name and surname of the Iranian birth certificate, should the birth certificate be issued by the Office ? Give the previous and current name the necessary explanation.

Question 10 - How can you name your child's birth certificate if a person's name is neither forbidden nor permitted?

Answer 10 – In this case, two ways can be taken:

Relatives in Iran Register Foreign Affairs in Tehran Imam Khomeini Ave. The Islamic Republic of Iran is declared in London and then the embassy issues an accredited name.

Applicants may submit their written request, together with documentary explanations from the Iranian literary sources, to the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in London, to the Center and will be refunded if the consent form is issued with the requested name.

Question 11 - Can a woman apply for a change of surname to her husband's surname?

Answer 11 – If her husband is Iranian, can she use her spouse’s consent? (Provided by the Registrar’s Office of the Issuer’s Certificate of Issuance)

Question 12 - My husband has died and I cannot access his birth certificate. What should I do to register a death?

Answer 12 – You can file a death certificate with the original passport of the deceased.

Question 13 - My husband died in England a few years ago and has no Iranian evidence. What do I do to register a death?

Answer 13 – Submit a death certificate from the local authorities to the embassy for approval and then submit it to the State Registration Office for registration.

Question 14 - Due to a problem I'm trying to reduce my age in my birth certificate. Is this possible or not?

Answer 14 – It is forbidden by law to change the date of birth of a person, except once, unless, by the determination of a specific commission, the actual age difference with the age specified in the affidavit exceeds five years. The commission is composed of a governor or governor, the head of the district registry, an elected physician, the chief executive of the Provincial Health Organization, and the head of the city’s Islamic Council or department of birth certificate, and is chaired by a member of the district court.

You will then be able to request a correction of your birth date by filing a petition and presenting a positive medical certificate and medical examination and four verified snapshots and a birth certificate. It is important to note that the application for a birth date correction under 5 will not be accepted.

UKIRAC Application Processing
This service costs £20 per application

Benefits include:

  • Assistance with applications that involve MIKHAK online processing - making the process easier to obtain a MIKHAK reference number.
  • Automatied texts offering tips and links to download forms etc.
  • We can enquire about the progress of applications that are being processed and provide updates.
  • Option to process applications online / via post.
  • Saves you time and travelling costs.
  • Process your applications from the comfort of your home or office.
  • Secure online payment of all fees.

*Online applications require the uploading of douments and photographs as stated in the application requirements. In some cases online application is not possible as original documents are required. You will be advised in such scenarios and be given the choice to post documents or apply in person at the Consulate.